Eaton County by Township

Eaton County was organized October 29, 1829/37, and was named after John Eaton, Secretary of War under President Andrew Jackson. The first settlers came in 1833, the settlement was called Bellevue.

Township Town Features Zip Code Notes & Address
Bellevue Township Bellevue   48111 Town
Bellevue Bellevue City Clerk 48111 201 N Main (616)763-9571
Bellevue Bellevue Township Library 48111 212 N Main (616)763-3369
State Road Station     Locality
  Riverside Cemetery   Cemetery is located in section 28, within the city limits of Bellevue. Cemetery is active.
  Follett Cemetery   Located in section 9 of Bellevue Township. Cemetery is owned and maintained by Bellevue Township.
  Spaulding Cemetery   Cemetery is located in section 2 of Bellevue Township on Lacy Lake Road. Cemetery is owned and maintained by Bellevue Township.
Benton Township West Benton     Locality
Potterville Benton Township Clerk 48876 5026 Pinch, Potterville, MI (517)645-7880
Podunk     Locality
Potterville Potterville District Library 48876 214 W Main
(517)645-2989
  Pinch Cemetery   Located in section 9 of Benton Township, this cemetery is owned by the township.
  Potterville Cemetery   Located in section 22 of Benton Township on the north side of Vermontville Hwy. This cemetery is owned by the township and active.
Brookfield Township Brookfield     Locality
Charlotte Brookfield Township Hall 48813 8033 Brookfield Road - (517)543-3060
  Carrier Cemetery   Located in Section 33 of Brookfield Township on the West side of Narrow Lake Road and southwest corner of East Butterfield Hwy overlooking Narrow Lake. It has been abandoned.
  Fox Cemetery   Located in section 10 of Brookfield Township on the south side of Spicerville Hwy, east of Narrow Lake Road. This cemetery is owned by the township and active.
  Perry Cemetery   Located in section 16 of Brookfield Township on Stevens Road between Brookfield Road and Narrow lake Road on the South side of Stevens Road. This is owned by the township and active. Township clerk has records.
  Sowles Cemetery   Sowles Cemetery is located in section 29 of Brookfield Township located on private land on Brookfield Road. The cemetery has been abandoned for years.
Carmel Township Charlotte   48813 West half of the city of Charlotte, County seat.
Charlotte Carmel Township Hall 48813 1959 W Kalamo Hwy., Charlotte, MI
(517)543-9650
Charlotte Charlotte Public Library 48813 226 S Bostwick, Charlotte, MI
(517)543-8859
  Millerburg Cemetery   This cemetery, now known as Millerburg Cemetery was formed as a private cemetery association with B. F. Bisel, L. D. Griest & William Casher as trustees. First called "The Carmel Union Cemetery Association" it came to be called simply the Union or East Carmel Cemetery in later years. In 1926 it was turned over to Carmel Twp for administration & upkeep. The cemetery is located in section 2, on the corner of Millerburg and Valley roads.
  West Carmel Cemetery   West Carmel Cemetery is about three acres in size, excluding the churchyard. It is located at the northwest corner of Ainger and Carlisle roads in section 18 of Carmel Township.
Chester Township Allen's Corners     Locality
Chester     Locality
Gresham     Locality
Jordan's Corners     Locality
  Gresham Cemetery   This cemetery is located in section 22 in Chester Township on the east side of Mulliken Road, between Gresham Hwy on the north and Vermontville Hwy on the south. It is owned and operated by Chester Township. The Township Clerk maintains the records. Cemetery is active
  North East Chester or Needmore Cemetery   The cemetery is located in section 1 of Chester Township, on the south side of Needmore Hwy, behind the church, just west of Cochran Road. The operation and records of this cemetery are in the care of the North East Chester Cemetery Society. Cemetery is active.
Stall's Corners     Locality
Wheaton's Corners     Locality
Needmore     Locality
Delta Township Delta Corners     Locality
Delta Center     Locality
Delta Mills     Locality
  Deepdale Memorial Park Cemetery   Corner of Waverly & Lansing Roads
  Delta Center Cemetery   Located in section 22 of Delta Township on the south side of St. Joe Hwy. Cemetery is owned and maintained by Delta Township. Cemetery is active.

7301 W. St. Joe Hwy, Lansing, MI 48917

  Delta Hillside Cemetery   Located in section 3 of Delta Township on the south side of Delta River Drive. Cemetery is owned and maintained by Delta Township. Cemetery is active.

6415 Delta River Drive, Lansing, MI 48906

Eaton Township Charlotte   48813 East half of the city of Charlotte, County seat.
Charlotte Eaton Township Hall 48813 3981 E Clinton Tr., Charlotte, MI
(517)543-3308
Charlotte Maple Hill Cemetery 48813 Located on Lansing Road next to I-69 within the city limits of Charlotte. Cemetery is owned and maintained by the city of Charlotte.

801 Tully Brown Dr., Charlotte, MI
(517)543-1170

  Center Eaton Cemetery    
  South Eaton Cemetery    
South Eaton     Locality
Eaton Rapids Township Eaton Rapids   48827 North half of the city of Eaton Rapids
  Bentley Cemetery    
  Brickyard Cemetery    
  Bunker Cemetery    
  Green Cemetery    
  Munger Cemetery    
Kingsland     Locality
Kingsland Station     Locality
Hamlin Township Charlesworth     Locality
Eaton Rapids    48827 South half of the city of Eaton Rapids
Spicerville     Locality
  Oakwood Cemetery    
  Rose Hill Cemetery    
Kalamo Township Carlisle     Locality
  Kalamo Cemetery   1475 1/2 S Ionia
(517)726-0872
  Mason Cemetery    
  Cogsdill Cemetery    
Comeback Corners     Locality
Elmira     Locality
Kalamo     Locality
Oneida Township Grand Ledge   48837 City
Johnson's Settlement     Locality
Canada Settlement     Locality
Oneida Corners     Locality
South Oneida     Locality
  Oakwood Cemetery   This cemetery is located within the city limits of Grand Ledge in section 1. The city of Grand Ledge owns and maintains the cemetery. Cemetery is active.
  Pioneer Cemetery   Located in section 26 of Oneida Township on the west side of M-100 Hartel Road. Cemetery is active.
  Strange Cemetery   Located in section 34, South Oneida, on the west side of Oneida Road.
  Union / Partlow Cemetery   Located in section 6 of Oneida Township on the west side of Benton Road. Cemetery is owned and maintained by Oneida Township. Cemetery is active.
Roxand Township Centre     Locality
Hoytville     Locality
Kelly     Locality
  Meadowbrook Cemetery   Cemetery is located in section 9 of Roxand Township on the west side of Highway M-43, 4 tenths mile from the Mulliken Road and M-43 intersection. Cemetery is owned and operated by Roxand Township. Cemetery is active. 
  Moyer Cemetery   Located in section 34 on the east side of Mulliken Road, between Needmore Hwy on the south and Strange Road on the North. This cemetery is owned by the township and inactive.
Mulliken 48861   Town
Mulliken  Mulliken District Library 48861 135 Main Street, Mulliken, MI
(517)649-8611
Myers Corners     Locality
Mulliken Roxand Twp Offices   100 Ionia St., Mulliken, MI
(517)649-3033
Sunfield Township Bismark     Locality
  Brown Cemetery   This cemetery was located on the south side of St. Joe Hwy. This land was given to Sunfield Township to use as a cemetery. Apparently all the graves were moved to the Sunfield Township cemetery located on St. Joe Hwy. The Brown Cemetery was abandoned in 1905.
Clinton Junction     Locality
Delwood     Locality
  Freemire Cemetery   The cemetery is located in section 34 of Sunfield Township on the west side of Brown Road between Bismark Hwy on the north and by Kelly Road on the south. It is owned and operated by the township with township clerk in charge of records.
  Hager Cemetery   Located in section 31 of Sunfield Township on the north side of Kelly Road, between Irish Road on the east and by Hager Road on the west. This cemetery is not active. The Township Clerk is in possession of the records.
  Sunfield Cemetery   The cemetery is located in section 14 in Sunfield Township on the north side of St. Joe Hwy, between Sunfield Hwy on the west and by Shaytown Road on the east. It is owned and operated by the township with the township clerk in charge of the records.
  Welch Cemetery   Located in Section 23 in Sunfield Township on the west side of Shaytown Road, between St. Joe Hwy on the north and by Mt. Hope Hwy on the south. The cemetery is owned and operated by the township and the township clerk is in charge of the records.
Little Venice     Locality
Shaytown     Locality
Sunfield   48890 Town
Burnstown     Locality
Vermontville Township Vermontville   49096 Town
Vermontville Vermontville Township Hall 49096 5150 Round Lake Rd., Vermontville, MI
(517)726-0750
Vermontville Vermontville Twp Public Library 49096 120 E. 1st St., Vermontville, MI
(517)726-1362
  Haner Cemetery   Located in section 13, on Gresham, just east of Shaytown, set back from the road in a field. Cemetery is located on private property. Inactive. Last burial 1914
  Patterson Cemetery   Located in section 9, north of Vermontville on Ionia Road. Cemetery is township owned and maintained. Last burial 1967.
  Old Vermontville Cemetery   Located in section 20, west of Vermontville on West Main Street. Township owned. Cemetery is inactive
  Woodlawn Cemetery   Located in section 19, west of Vermontville on East State Road. Cemetery is owned and maintained by Vermontville Township. Cemetery is active.
Walton Township Ainger     Locality
East Walton     Locality
Five Point's Corners     Locality
Moore's Station     Locality
Olivet   49076 Town
Walton     Locality
  Olivet Cemetery    
  Bosworth Cemetery    
Windsor Township Dimondale   48821 Town
West Windsor     Locality
  Courter - Pray Cemetery   The original land for this cemetery was given by John Courter out of his purchase of 160 acres in 1837 from the government. Nathan H. Pray, who came to Windsor township in 1837, gave part of the land. The cemetery is located in section 28 on the south side of Vermontville Highway at the intersection of Pares Road.
Dimondale Dimondale City Cemetery   The Dimondale Cemetery in section 15 is located at the northeast corner of Canal Road and Windsor Highway. The land was purchased from Mr. Fish in 1876. Rachel Flagler (Mrs. Henry Flagler) was the first to be buried there in January 1876. Five days later Gracie Fish was also buried. William Miller was the first sexton. The monument of Dr. Tyler Hall, a well known citizen, physician and lawyer who died in 1897, is conspicuous at the main entrance. It is a statue of gray Barre granite of heroic size.
  Forestlawn Cemetery    
  Skinner Cemetery    
Dimondale West Windsor Cemetery   This cemetery was set off in a corner of land owned by Royal Tyler Cogswell who came to Windsor Township in 1838. The cemetery is located on the east side of Nixon Road about mile north of Windsor Highway. Mr. Cogswell was the first sexton of the cemetery.
Sevastop     Locality

TOC gift Return to MIGenWeb Eaton County's Table of Contents