Chase School District #1 was located in the Northeast Quarter of the Northeast Quarter of Section 29, Township 23 North,
Range 2 East of Klacking Township, Ogemaw County. The school was established in 1880 and was destroyed by a tornado
in 1917. It was rebuilt as the Rosevear School in the Southeast Quarter of the Southeast Quarter of Section 30,
Klacking Township, Ogemaw County (Fairview and Clear Lake Road). The Rosevear School was later known as the
Cobblestone School. The school property has reverted to State ownership.
Anyone having photos or information on the Chase School is asked to contact the Ogemaw County Coordinator,
Most of the existing records have been compiled by The Rose City Area Historical Society, Post Office Box 736, Rose City, MI 48654