Erb School District #3 is located in the Northeast Quarter of the Southeast Quarter of Section 8, Township
21 North, Range 1 East, Stillwagon Road, Edwards Township, Ogemaw County.
The Erb School was built in 1903 by Charles F. Erb with community assistance on Erb property.
The District was annexed to the West Branch School in 1964. The school and property was sold in 1980
and the school was then torn down.
Records are sparse on who taught there and when the school closed.
There are, however, several class photographs available. Anyone having additional photos or who can identify
students in the existing photos is asked to contact the Ogemaw County Coordinator,
Most of the existing records have been compiled by The Rose City Area Historical Society, Post Office Box 736, Rose City, MI 48654