Evergreen School District #2 is located in the Northwest Quarter of the Southwest Quarter of Section 12, Township
23 North, Range 2 East, Campbell Road, Klacking Township, Ogemaw County.
The Evergreen School was originally named the Peter's School and located in the Northeast Quarter of the
Northeast Quarter of Section 14 on the Charles Peters farm. The District was annexed to Rose City School in 1958, and
Records are sparse on who donated the land, who built the school, who taught there, and when the school closed.
There are, however, several class photographs available. Anyone having additional photos or who can identify
students in the existing photos is asked to contact the Ogemaw County Coordinator,
Most of the existing records have been compiled by The Rose City Area Historical Society, Post Office Box 736, Rose City, MI 48654