Merchant School aka Silver Creek School
Contributed by Nute Chapman,Jim Hall,Sally Beatty

 				SILVER CREEK SCHOOLMERCHANT SCHOOL  Merchant School & also called Silver Creek School was located in the part of Bearinger Twp. which is now Ocqueoc Twp. A building from Valentine Island (Hammond Bay) was moved to become  Merchant School.  It was originally built on top of the hill by Gordon Merchant�s farm T.35N. � R.3 E. Sec. 3 About 1917 the school was moved to its present location near Silver Creek and became known as the Silver Creek School T.35N. � R.3 E. Sec. 2.   TEACHERSLena Selke - 1913Mary Hodgett � Director - 1913W. A. Hathaway � Moderator - 1913Hulda ToberBeatron Doolittle - 1917Iva DoolittleNettie Doolittle STUDENTS Joessie CurtindaleIsabella CurtisNorm CurtisInna DoolittleWynn DoolittleBob FlewellingFrank FlewellingGrace Flewelling - 1913Ilo Flewelling - 1913Leonard FlewellingReginald Flewelling � 1913Edith HeathPearl HeathEllsworth IrwinHarry IrwinJoe KirkendallWard KirkendallKirkendall ChildrenBeatrice Merchant � started in 1913Charles Merchant - 1913David  Merchant - 1913Ervin MerchantRalph MerchantRegatta SmithCharlie ToberHerman ToberHulda Tober - 1913 Johney ToberMartha TobertMinnie Tober Dora Wyant  - 1913Helen Wyant � 1913Henry Wyant � 1913Julius Wyant - 1913 Schaedig, Cynthia, The history of Ocqueoc, 1976Compiled and Contributed by Nute Chapman, Sally Beatty, & Jim Hall      

Return to HomePage